Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day 39 - *****THE 2008 OLYMPICS HAVE BEGUN!!!!!!*****

HEY EVERYONE!

Wow - what a once-in-a-life-time experience!  I'm super tired, but wanted to give you some quick thoughts before I head to bed.  (working tomorrow at 10AM!)  We got home around 12:30AM.  The show was absolutely phenomenal - from the outside.  We actually didn't get to see the show from the inside...but got to be in the atmosphere of the Olympic Green.  It was electric about two hours before the start because everyone was coming to get into the Bird's Nest.  We got pictures with people from all different countries.  Everyone was so excited!  Then, we positioned ourselves by the chute where the athletes would parade in before the Parade of Nations.  It was so neat to see them walk by and the crowd got really energetic over athletes that responded to them.  Then, we sat and watched the firework display on the Green.  We were surrounded by fireworks at the finale and it was such an incredible sight!  I am jealous you all get to watch it again!  It was all that I had hoped it would be - and that's just the beginning!  Tune into the gymnastics competition tomorrow to check out the men's qualifications.  I'll be in the broadcast mixed zone - inside the arena in a line of cameras.  If you see any interviews on NBC, I'll most likely be standing right there!

MUCH more to come later...now off to bed!

Ted

1 comment:

Shawna said...

You were surrounded by fireworks....I'm so jealous! Each time I read your blog I get so excited about all those once-in-a-life-time experiences, which even makes me hard to concentrate on my study...it's your fault Ted, hahahaha....you've always got a lot of passion on what you're doing. That's a good thing!