Saturday, August 9, 2008

Opening Ceremony!

Hi all! As I write this, most of you are 6.5 hours away from the Opening Ceremony coverage on NBC. Not to rub it in, I watched it hours ago...and can't wait to see it again on Youtube!

Matt, Allie and I headed to the Olympic Green at noon today. We toured and toured and toured AROUND the Green, since we were missing the magic sticker that would let us on! Although we didn't get access to the Olympic grounds, we were super close and got access to the media village.
We only hung around for 14 hours, but made memories for a lifetime! I couldn't even start to share all of the fun and interesting things that happened. (It's 3:45am!)

I hate to reduce my "Favorite parts of today" to quick bullet points, but I don't want to go on forever!

Just to name a few...Spending all day at near the Olympic Green, evading security, acting like I belong in secured areas, trading pins with foreigners, meeting a hilarious French-speaker from Quebec, evading security, lunch in Media village, evading security, meeting people from around the world, sneaking into a hotel, seeing President Bush 30 feet away, acting like I belong in secured areas, seeing a high school friend in the parade of nations, seeing the torch lit with my own eyes, fireworks! fireworks! fireworks!, seeing Jackie Chan's son, knocking the torch lighting off my 'bucket list'...

I'll sleep on most of this and share a couple of stories with you tomorrow. I'd love to share more right now, but I really don't want to ruin it for you all.

My only advice is to watch the Opening Ceremony tonight 8/7central on NBC.

Mark

No comments: