Tuesday, July 1, 2008

One step closer to Beijing.

I'm about to get on a bus headed towards Chicago. I can't begin to say how excited I am to arrive in China. (The 14 hour flight over isn't exciting... but the arrival is!)

I'm really excited to be thrown into a completely different culture--with no prior knowledge of the language, a little knowledge of the culture, and much interest in their history. I've traveled to Europe, Central America and Mexico before, but was always traveling with my Spanish and French. Italian wasn't too hard to pick up either....but learning a whole new 'alphabet' of characters is quite overwhelming!

My ID card from KOMU arrived late last night via email. I'm not sure if it'll get us a backstage pass to the NBC studios...but it's worth a try!

I hope you enjoy reading our blogs as much as we like writing them. It's a great way to chronicle our travels this summer!

No comments: