Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shawn gets GOLD!!!


Shawn Johnson finally got her Olympic gold medal in the last event, the balance beam.

Shawn earned a 16.225 on her routine, which was full of difficult tricks. According to several newspaper articles, her grin was “wider than the 4-inch-wide beam she had just conquered.”

This week has just been full of excitement for me! The Mizzou students had the chance earlier this week to go to the Men’s 100m Final, which took place inside the Bird’s Nest. It was unbelievable witnessing Jamaica’s Usain Bolt win gold in the 100m, breaking the world record with his time of 9.69 seconds. No wonder his last name is Bolt!


The Olympic Green is full of people with Olympic Spirit! Check out the following pictures of this little boy who shaved his head like one of the Olympic mascots just for the Olympic Games…



During our stay in China, the media has become very fascinated with our volunteer work during the Olympic Games. Several Mizzou students have been interviewed. I was interviewed by the Shanghai Daily about my volunteer work with the Olympics and as Miss Missouri. Here is the article that was published…

(I wish I could translate this for you, but I can’t right now. I’ll have to ask one of the Chinese students.)

I honestly cannot believe I am going back to the states next week! This trip has gone by incredibly too fast, so I’m going to try and savor every last moment that I have left in China!

Sarah

No comments: