Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 55 - An Extinguished Flame

Hey Everyone!

I can't believe it's been two weeks since we started...and now it's over!  The entire day was filled with "lasts" - last time to check into security, last time to walk on the Green and last time to enter NIS.

The Olympic News Service volunteers gathered at a local bar to watch the closing ceremonies live on a big screen projection.  It was incredibly awesome to watch it and be a part of it all.  I couldn't help but feel sad as this was the end to the Olympics and our volunteer experience.  It was also a celebration for our hard work the past two months.

So tired right now.  I'm going to bed but I'll post pictures and video from the last day tomorrow.  I feel like I've pushed so much to get as much as I can out of this experience and am really looking forward to some R and R.  It has been so worth it!!!!

Enjoy the Closing Ceremonies - amazing visuals and use of people.  As other news agencies have commented, Beijing has set a new standard for the Olympic celebration!

Ted

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Well we still have the Paralympics...it's not over yet:)I kind of feel happy that we finaly did it and nothing bad has happened during the Olympics. The world's dream has not ended.