Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 55 - An Extinguished Flame (Supplemental)



Hey Everyone!

Again, last night was such an amazing experience.  We left NIS for the last time and got to take pictures on the floor of the handball court.  I talked with our venue manager and he was saying how depressed he was now that the Games are over.  We're depressed, too, but I think for the Chinese it's much worse.  I would compare it to hosting a huge party.  This party has been seven years in the making.  They threw it well, but now there's the clean up - and nobody likes cleaning up after parties.  Seven years is a long time to wait and prepare for an event like the Olympics (well, maybe not as long as some workers would have liked).  There's still Paralympics that will be held in eleven days.  We even saw workers at our university placing placards up to show where traffic should go for the event.  Here are pictures and video of the last day!

Ted

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Maybe cleaning up after the games is one part of the Olympic Games which we need to go through.This painful process makes the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games even more remarkable.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ted, I've been following your blog and the Olympics the whole time (especially gymnastics!), and I must say it has been great! I still can't believe you're actually there covering the event! By the way, I saw your video, and heard you say hello and thank you IN MANDARIN to the person selling the train ticket. Good accent...I'm impressed! ;)
Amanda