Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 33 [6 Days To Go] - Rehearsal


Hey Everyone!

WOW! What a day! We had training today at the NIS. Things are really coming along at the NIS. Almost ready! The men's U.S. team was there today and I got to interview the head coach on a number of current topics! It was such an amazing experience and I really felt like I was contributing to ONS. Again, I am unable to go into more detail due to privacy issues.

Today was a scheduled rehearsal day for the Opening Ceremonies. After noontime, the area was on lockdown and only those with special, extra credentials were allowed onto the Green. We were given the credentials which allowed us to come on and off the grounds. In the evening, we headed to the Green to watch the rehearsal. We meandered around the Green and took pictures of the fireworks. We camped out across the Bird's Nest - there's a lake south of the Bird's Nest and the reflection of the lights is really pretty. The show was amazing and included five Olympic rings done in firework displays and "2008" numbering with smiley face fireworks. We also got to see the inside of the Bird's Nest as well. It was one of those awestruck moments seeing the massive stage. I could have spent all night in there, but it was late. I think tonight was one of the coolest things I've done in a long time - yeah, it's sad to say that. Anyway, I really felt the Olympic spirit tonight!

Ted

2 comments:

Eileen A said...

Great pics- your enthusiam is contagious! I feel like I'm there. Thanks

Unknown said...

Keep it coming Ted; vicariously speaking, it's exciting.
Mike Engle