Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First for the first time

I am going to take a break from the Beijing talk for just a minute to tell of something that happened today that has never happened before. First I must tell the backstory. Twenty two years ago today my grandfather's only daughter gave him the birthday gift of a lifetime. On July 30, 1986 at the age of 55, my grandpa welcomed twins grandsons into the world.

For 21 years I have had to listen to my older brother (all five minutes older) brag on how he was older than me. This year however, for the first time ever I celebrated my birthday before him. Thanks to the help of being 13 hours ahead of North America's Central Standard Time, I was 22 before my brother was. While it might not have been the Big 2-1 or even Sweet Sixteen, my 22nd birthday will be a momorable one as I was the first this year.


Happy Birthday Brian and Grandpa Dale.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Happy Birthday...and 生日快乐(Chinese version of happy birthday)!

Eileen A said...

Happy Birthday, Matt! Go out and celebrate, but skip the cicadas! I hear the chicken hearts are tasty!