Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 29 [9 Days To Go] - The Saddle Cantina

Hey Everyone!

I spent the day catching up with more odds and ends. Today was my second day off. I met a Chinese friend for lunch today and we ate at a new restaurant right near our hotel. There's always new and exciting places to eat!

In the evening, all of the gymnastics ONS volunteers traveled by subway to The Saddle Cantina, a Mexican restaurant across town. The small, two-story restaurant looked like hacienda in Mexico. Strings of white lights strung across the outdoor porch and Mexican music played to add to the ambiance. It was a nice change from the bustling streets of Beijing. Sally, our international manager, invited us out to the restaurant for drinks: first round on ONS! It was a lot of fun to hang out with everyone outside of work. I got to talk with all the managers and the Chinese students who have been helping us at NIS.


Here's a picture of me, Sarah and Sally!

Didn't party too much cause I have to go to work!


Ted

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ted, I'm so glad you're having a good time. It would be great if you compiled all your entries into a collected format at the end; it would be a nice keepsake.
Michael Engle

Anonymous said...

Ted, I think the gymnasts fly out today and arrive tomorrow. Will be curious how/when you first encounter them. Don't forget your write-up for the newsletter!! Can't get away from this teacher, no matter how far across the planet you go!