Sunday, August 24, 2008

Full Circle

As my mother has been finishing up her ritual summer cleaning, she came across this news article. I am pictured to the left; this was during my gymnastic days, as an aspiring 11-year-old gymnast. Competing in gymnastic competitions was my life, and I loved every minute of it!

As I mentioned in my very first blog post, as a young girl, Shannon Miller was my idol. When I was just two-years-old, my mother enrolled me in gymnastic classes. I loved gymnastics, and I looked forward to class every week!

Shannon Miller once said, “Love what you do, do what you love.” Even though my dream, as an 11-year-old, to become an Olympic gymnast didn’t come true, covering gymnastics during the Olympic Games is definitely the next best thing! I’ve come full circle, and it’s amazing for me to look back on this journey. It’s been better than I ever could have imagined.


Tonight is the closing ceremony, and I can’t believe the end is finally here. Time flies when you’re having fun! Since the next Olympic Games will take place in London, London 2012 will unveil its blueprint in the Beijing 2008 closing ceremony. I’ve heard it will combine the best of British rock, glamour, culture and sport. If it’s anything like the opening ceremony, it’s guarantied to be absolutely phenomenal! Rock legend Jimmy Page and singer Leona Lewis will perform a stunning new version of the Led Zeppelin classic Whole Lotta Love, while footballer David Beckham will also have a guest appearance!

Hope you enjoy! I know I will!

Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.