Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 35 [4 DAYS TO GO] - Press Conference

Hey Everyone!

Press Conference: 4 DAYS TO GO!!  Can't believe the waiting is almost over!  I don't know about the rest of my blogger friends, but I feel like I am going to explode with anticipation.  The Chinese, of course, are also extremely excited.  It's been seven years in the making!  I was on the Olympic Green today.  Things are basically set for Friday.  They've cordoned off a main part of the plaza for, I believe, the athletes to line up for the parade of nations.  If you watched the Today Show this morning you would have seen Matt Lauer broadcasting live from the Great Wall.  They took bump shots - the last shot before a commercial break - from the Green.  I was standing right by the camera when they were taking shots of the Bird's Nest lit up.  It was fun to watch.  I also met up with a lady from my home station in Indianapolis (WTHR).  I interned there a few summers ago and it turns out we'll be working together at the NIS!  What are the odds!  She's here working for NBC News Channel and will be following major athletes from Indiana.

Five weeks have gone by and it feels like it's been long and short.  When I think back to some of the first experiences I've had here, it seems forever ago.  However, with the Olympics right on top of us, it feels so short.  We only have three more weeks to go before we leave...but these days are going to be the best!  You can count on continuous updates during the Games!

Check out a panoramic picture of inside the Bird's Nest courtesy of my friend, Laura.  You can really see how massive the stadium really is.  Just click on the picture and scroll from side to side to pan around.

http://lmdotson.com/Pano/Birdsnest.html

Ted

1 comment:

Shawna said...

hehe(chinese version of haha...never mind), Laura and I ate great ice cream after you left. Sorry you didn't get it....I watched a sad movie which tells a story of an American jounalist got kidnapped in Pakistan...it was so sad....