Monday, July 14, 2008

Pepto to the Rescue!

I really don't think I could've reflected on the past three days better than Ted and Sarah. I can't believe how lucky we were to see all those historic and world-famous sites.

My little addition: BOCOG was gracious enough to pick up the tab for our six meals (and entrance fees to sites) this past weekend. With the exception of Sunday night's Cantonese-style dinner and the addition of Peking Duck Friday night, all of the restaurants served us the exact same dishes: Kung Pao Chicken, Bok Choy, a bowl of rice, a fish (head included), a beef dish, a pork dish, egg drop soup, mixed vegetables, two bottles of Coke and a bottle of Sprite and a plate of watermelon for dessert.

I've honestly got to admit, I didn't care at all! It was all sooo good and I was starving after climbing at some of those sites that I could probably eat the same dishes for my next six meals!

So, you were probably wondering about this blog's title: "Pepto to the rescue!"
I had a midnight snack last night with Matt at McDonalds. (I was craving cheese--which actually isn't available in China, except on "American" foods) Unfortunately, the ice that melted in my drink-- or so I believe-- kept me up all night. Finally around 5am, I remembered Pepto-Bismol works on the 5-symptoms of stupid travelers who eat at McDonalds. I took a dose, and it took a while to kick in, but I feel much, much better now. I'm still taking it easy, because I read that bacteria in water kicks back in two or three punches, so fortunately one punch is down, but unfortunately I have at least one left. I canceled my talk show appearance tonight, I wanted to stay close to a bathroom at all times. I was asked to sit in the audience of a Chinese talk show (a la Oprah style) and discuss my past as a civic volunteer. There are several other students going, including Sarah, so I'm sure they can fill in for me!

Have a great week, we'll be starting our BOCOG training on Tuesday and Wednesday!

Mark

P.S. Thanks for the comments from everyone reading this blog. I know I don't blog on this site enough, but it fun to see how much you enjoy "traveling" with us!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Mark,
Glad to hear you are feeling better! I know you will all appreciate a day off today.
We are enjoying the blogs and keeping up with your experiences in China. This technology sure is fantastic! We feel like we are on the trip.
Say hi to Ted, Sarah and Matt and tell them that we appreciate their work.
Love Mom