Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 21 - Three Weeks

Hey Everyone!

Today, we had the day off.  This schedule we're on is totally throwing my body off balance.  We have random weekdays off but work the whole weekend.  We are scheduled to work tomorrow, but not until 2 in the afternoon.  Today was spent catching up on emails and working on small projects I haven't had time for during the week.  There's a courtyard bistro behind our hotel that we recently discovered.  It has American food - something we all have been craving.  The french fries are great, but a little greasy.  I've noticed this with a lot of the Americanized food here: there is still a Chinese twist.  It tastes just a bit different.  Nevertheless, it's a nice break from the normal Chinese cuisine.

Correction: I guess Brian Williams and Bob Costas will NOT be broadcasting from this tower!!  The Broadcasting Tower is for views of the Olympic Green.  According to the Today Show guy I met, Nightly News will broadcast from the BICC on the other side of the Bird's Nest.  I took a trip over there but couldn't find exactly where it was.  That's my next mission!



Ted

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ted--I leave for Purdue tomorrow, and I need to tell you that it won't be the same without you since I won't be your page-turner extraordinaire.
Mike Engle

Anonymous said...

Ted,
Could you talk in the blog about the Olympic Village where the athletes will be staying? Where is it compared to competition sites, what are the rooms like, what does China plan to do with that after the Games are over? How separated/secure is that from general public areas? What will the transportation be like for the athletes from where they are staying to where they are competing? I'm so pumped now that the two Indy gymnasts made it! If anything, it tripled my Olympic obsession! For any readers crazy enough about the Games and gymnastics in particular, the USA picked on awesome team of gymnasts this past weekend, including two from Indianapolis -- which isn't a major gym city usually! Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide on the Olympic Village.